So many people ask me for eating plans and training plans or ask me what I have done and what I am doing.
All that I can share with you is the following of what has worked for me and what my tips and tricks have always been.
DO NOT SKIP MEALS! WHEN YOU SKIP MEALS YOUR METABOLISM SLOWS DOWN AND YOU’RE NOT BURNING CALORIES LIKE YOU SHOULD. YOUR BODY THINKS THAT YOU ARE STARVING SO WHEN YOU EAT AGAIN, YOUR BODY STORES AWAY MORE THAN USUAL RESULTING IN MORE FAT
- Don’t eat less, eat more, but eat healthy and clean.
- I eat up to between 5 and six meals per day but never less.
- If you can’t eat at a specific time take a meal replacement.
- Drink hot water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of lemon juice each morning upon awakening.
- Then Drink Green tea or Oolong tea during the day
- Only use Himalayan sea salt or Natures Choice “no salt” on meals.
- Keep water intake high. I’ve had to drink no less than 3l per day
- Track your liquid intake with the this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.northpark.drinkwater&hl=en
- Drink only 2-3 servings of diet sodas per day.
- No dairy.
- No Sugar.
- No Alcohol.
- Use sweetener on everything haaahaaahaa – I sometimes go as far as putting it over my scrambled eggs hehe….
- Make sure that the spice you use does not contain sugars or veg oil.
- Only boil, steam or grill your food.
- Only use cook ‘n spray
- NO OIL – NONE
- Max of 4 cups of Coffee per day
- Use sauces such as “lean Gormet, Walden farms and Nando’s (but not the perinaise) #sorrynotsorry
- Do not get stuck and eat as much fruit and drink as much fruit juice as you can. There is soooo much sugar in it that we don’t realize. Be careful with the amounts you consume.
- Eat as “clean as possible”
The reason why people can’t share meal plans are because we are all different. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa.
But what you can do to start off with is to try and figure out what your body type is and understand why you are the way you are. This will also give you a better understanding of why each person is so unique.
- In general, ectomorphs are lean with smaller bone structures and limbs, have a high metabolism, and can tolerate higher amounts of carbohydrates.
- They look like: long-distance runners
- Recommended macro nutrients ratio: 50% carbohydrates, 30% protein, 20% fat
- Mesomorphs tend to marry the best of both worlds, offering balanced abilities to gain muscle and stay lean relatively easily. They are of medium sized bone structure and look athletic.
- They look like: bodybuilders, gymnasts
- Recommended macro nutrients ratio: 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein, 30% fat
- Endormorphs are built to be larger and more powerful. They tend to have larger bone structures for strength. Because of their size, they do better on a higher fat and a lower carbohydrate intake.
- They look like: power lifters
- Recommended macro nutrients ratio: 25% carbohydrates, 35% protein, 40% fat
Rarely do people fit perfectly in these boxes. People often display mixed characteristics.
So I am an Ectomorph
A basic day of meals for me has always been the following:
20-40 gram of oats, with 10 cashew nuts or almonds and four egg whites depending on if I am competing or not and then it can increase up to 14 egg whites.
Protein shake with a rice cake and a tablespoon of almond nut butter and a half of a fruit.
120 gram Lean Protein (Chicken breast, ostrich fillet, Hake) 80-120 gram cous cous, quinoa, basmati rice, brown rice or sweet potato with 120 gram green salad or mixed veg.
120 gram Tuna or Hake or another lean protein with a green salad or mixed veggies
120 grams Ostrich fillet or Chicken breast, 120 gram Broccoli
Would be just before bed I have to take a supplement called Casein which is similar to a protein shake except this is a slow releasing protein.
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT CHANGING YOUR DIET AND REALLY WANT TO SEE RESULTS THEN I CAN ONLY AND HIGHLY ADVISE THAT YOU SEE A QUALIFIED NUTRITIONIST THAT WILL BE ABLE TO CALCULATE WHAT YOU NEED ACCORDING TO YOUR LIFESTYLE, CURRENT WEIGHT, LENGTH, BODY FAT % AND GOALS.
Lots of love xoxo